The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was initiated by the Indian Govt which aims at providing affordable housing options to the less fortunate 31st March,2022. The target is to make 2 crore housing units by the said time. The PMAY has been divided in two parts; one for the poor in country that's called Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin or PMAY-G and one for the poor within the urban area called the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban or PMAY-U. This scheme has been merged with other schemes to make a house complete and provide a cosy adobe to the poor no matter their finances.
The cities which can be covered are:
• Jammu kashmir
• Madhya Pradesh
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
These cities are divided into three phases to work in them. The three phases being
• PMAY Phase 1 will cover the initial 100 cities from April 2015 to Mach 2017.
• PMAY Phase 2 will cover subsequent 200 cities from April 2019 too March 2021
• PMAY Phase 3 will cover the rest of the remaining cities from April 2021 to March 2021.
Eligibility of the recipient of the homes under PMAY:
•The person receiving the house should not be quite 70 years aged.
• The Economically weaker sections are getting to be eligible for the scheme if the annual income of the family is 3lacs or below, the LIG ( Lower income Group) with annual family Income of 6 lacs, the Medium Income Group (MIG I) with an income of 6 lacs to 12 lacs and thus the Medium Income Group (MIG II) with an income of 12lacs to 16lacs.
• The recipient or the family shouldn't have any own property in any a neighborhood of India.
• The retouching of home allowance is simply available for the LIG and thus the EWS section.
Challenges faced during the launch
Although, this is often often often often not something new that the govt. . . is doing for the first time, each project comes with its challenges. the essential problem is that the unavailability of suitable land and if available, acquisition of it. The increasing price within the past 5 years in conjunction with the shortage of skilled labor have posed problems in completion of the project. the continued pandemic has the make the project vulnerable to delay which might be the rationale for problems for increasing price. kind of the only residential projects in Bangalore come under this scheme.
However, solutions are being worked over and effeciency has been seen in bringing the project on the brink of completion within the set time. .